Any successful cosmetic dentistry procedure must begin with a thorough initial consultation. Dr. Firouzi provides a complimentary initial consultation to all of his patients that usually lasts anywhere from a half hour to forty five minutes. Here is what you can expect during your consultation with Dr. Firouzi:
- A thorough examination of your teeth, gums, and jaw. X-rays and other technologies may be necessary depending on the desired cosmetic or neuromuscular procedure.
- A review and discussion of your medical and dental history.
- A thorough discussion of all dental concerns you may have, as well as your aesthetic goals and expectations. Photos of your teeth may be taken that you and Dr. Firouzi can look at together, so that you can be precise about what it is that you want to achieve with your cosmetic dentistry procedure.
- A discussion of which cosmetic or neuromuscular dentistry treatments are best for you. You will be shown a number of before and after photographs to give you a better idea of what to expect from your treatment. Dr. Firouzi will also discuss any possible alternative treatments with you at this time.
- A discussion about costs and financing options.
Getting the Most Out of Your Consultation
The success of your cosmetic procedure will depend heavily on your ability to communicate candidly with your dentist about your goals, expectations, and any other dental-related issues. Choosing to undergo a cosmetic dentistry procedure is always a very personal decision. Many of our patients have found it helpful to write out a list of concerns beforehand to ensure that nothing is left out of the discussion.
Dr. Firouzi and his team take extra care to ensure that you feel at ease during your visit. We know that choosing a cosmetic procedure can be difficult, especially when considering the high cost of some procedures. We will work with you to find financing options that you will feel comfortable with.